LCMS. Board of Parish Education, Superintendents Conference/Conference of Education Executives, 1921-1980.
Collection Number: A-0020 Collection Size: 1.7 linear feet Historical Note The Superintendents Conference was an organization created at the wish of teachers within church schools. In 1856 the Eastern District proposed that the Synod institute and elect a general school board for the supervision of its 114 parochial schools. In
Collection Number: A-0012 Collection Size: 0.7 linear feet HISTORICAL NOTE The Accounting Department existed as a unit of the Division of Finance, Department of Controllership, Accounting Section in 1970. In 1972 it fell under the Board of Directors, Department of Controllership, Accounting Section. The Controller was appointed by, and responsible
Collection Number: A-0015 Collection Size: 0.2 linear feet Historical Note In 1992 the Congregational Ministries Coordinating Committee and the Commission on Structure recommended to the delegate convention that the Synod establish a Board for Congregational Services, effective at the 1995 convention. They also recommended that the Synod create a Conference
LCMS, Board for Higher Education, Conference of College and Seminary Faculties of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, 1897-1961.
Collection Number: A-0006 Collection Size: 0.8 linear feet RESTRICTIONS The collection is open for research under the normal access policies of the Institute. HISTORICAL NOTE Conferences of the professors from the colleges and seminaries operated by The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod were held beginning in the late 19th century. A resolution
Collection Number: A-0002 Collection Size: 51.2 linear feet, 50 volumes RESTRICTIONS LCMS records created 25 years ago or less are normally closed to research. Access to these materials may be obtained only with the written approval of the chair, secretary or executive secretary of the board or commission concerned. Please
Collection Number: A-0010 Collection Size: 0.8 linear feet, 5 volumes HISTORICAL NOTE At the Missouri Synod convention in 1920 the Literature Committee was created and consisted of two members of the synod in addition to the manager of Concordia Publishing House. The board organized in July 1920, electing Rev. M.
Collection Number: A-0038 Extent: 6.00 cubic feet Arrangement: This collection is arranged in 6 boxes, which contain 277 folders Collection Material Type: Official Records (papers and photographs) This collection was transferred to Concordia Historical Institute from the Department of Human Care and World Relief, LCMS in April 2008. Organizational History:
Collection Number: A-0017 Collection Size: 0.4 linear feet HISTORICAL NOTE The Synod created the Bureau of Statistics at the 1923 convention. A statistician directed the bureau and reported to the Board of Directors. Anyone wishing to collect statistics was to apply to the bureau “to learn how far their desires
Collection Number: A-0007 Collection Size: 0.2 linear feet RESTRICTIONS LCMS records created 25 years ago or less are normally closed to research. Access to these materials may be obtained only with the written approval of the chairman, secretary, or executive secretary of the board or commission concerned. Please consult with
LCMS. Work Program Records, 1962-1980. Collection Number: A-0005 Collection Size: 1.2 linear feet, 1 volume HISTORICAL NOTE The 1961 Fiscal Conference recommended to the 1962 synodical convention that changes be made in the process used to determine the Synod’s budget and programs. The most important reasons included the following: the