- Collection Number: A-0008
- Collection Size: 0.2 linear feet
LCMS records created 25 years ago or less are normally closed to research. Access to these materials may be obtained only with the written approval of the chairman, secretary or executive secretary of the board or commission concerned. Please consult with the CHI reference staff for assistance.
The Coordinating Committee for Parish Services can be traced to 1946 when a Coordinating Council was formed under the Adult Department of the Board of Parish Education. The Coordinating Council functioned for 19 years, producing the annual planned parish program.
In 1965 the executive director of the Synod recommended transferring the Coordinating Council from the Board of Parish Education to the Council of Administrators. The council was then renamed the Interdepartmental Coordinating Committee. The duties of the new committee expanded to include coordination between all synodical departments for the purpose of planning and preparing unified programs for use in the districts and congregations of the Synod.
The committee’s name was again changed in October 1967 to the Parish Program Planning and Coordinating Committee. The name change was made to focus more exactly on services to the parishes of the Synod. One more change to the committee’s name was made in January 1968, when it was decided that a more suitable name for the work of the committee would be the Coordinating Committee for Parish Services.
For more information concerning the Coordinating Committee for Parish Services please see the following:
- LCMS. Board for Parish Services Records
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The Coordinating Committee for Parish Services Records consists of minutes of monthly meetings (1965-1976) and minutes of a few Coordinating Committee Annual Conferences. The collection is arranged chronologically.
f.1 Monthly Meeting Minutes, 1965-1976
f.2 Annual Conference Minutes, 1966-1972
The material in this collection was removed from the LCMS. Executive Offices Records.