1280 Albertus Magnus (b. ca. 1193/1206), German theologian, died.
1397 Pope Nicholas V was born (d. 24 March 1455).
1515 Thomas Wolsey (1471/75–1530), Lord Chancellor and King Henry VIII’s first minister, was invested as a cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church.
1670 John Amos Comenius, Moravian theologian and educator, died (b. 28 March 1592).
1711 Johann Balthasar Kohlhoff, missionary to Tranquebar, India, was born in Neuwarp, W. Pomerania (d. 17 December 1790).
1731 William Cowper, British hymnist and poet, was born, in Hertfordshire, England (d. 25 April 1800).
1760 Frederick David Schaeffer, Pennsylvania Ministerium pastor, was born in Frankfurt am Main, Germany (d. 27 January 1836).
1774 William Horsley, composer, was born at Mayfair, London, England (d. 12 June 1858, Kensington, London, England).
1791 The first U. S. Catholic college, Georgetown University, opens its doors.
1794 John Witherspoon (b. 5 February 1723), American Presbyterian clergyman and signer of the Declaration of Independence, died.
1868 The Plano (Illinois) Stone Church was dedicated to serve as the world headquarters for the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (RLDS, now “Community of Christ”) under the leadership of Joseph Smith III (1832–1914).
1890 Anders Nygren, Swedish Lutheran theologian, was born in Goteborg, Sweden (d. 20 October 1978).
1907 Horatio R. Palmer (b. 26 April 1834), American Congregational clergyman and hymnist, died.
1913 The Northwestern Lutheran (now called Forward in Christ), the official publication of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, was established.
1917 Andreas Wright, founder of the Norwegian Danish Augustana Synod in America and the United Norwegian Lutheran Church in America, died (b. 13 September 1835, Norway).
1917 Oswald Chambers (b. 24 July 1874), Scottish Bible teacher and evangelical mystic, died.
1922 The Theologische Hochschule, Berlin-Zehlendorf, opened.
1962 Johannes Sandegren, Swedish Lutheran missionary to India, died (b. 20 November 1883, Madura, South India).
1992 The Chapel of Saint Timothy and Saint Titus, the first free-standing chapel on the campus of Concordia Seminary (Saint Louis) was dedicated.