- Collection Number: M-0300
- Collection Size: 1 ledger
- Microfilm #1672a
The original ledger in the collection was microfilmed in 1986 by the LDS Church.
The German Evangelical Lutheran Church of Napa, California, was organized on 4 September 1892. It held services in the building of the German Reformed congregation in Napa. Pastor William Brandes served the congregation during its brief existence. It was not a member of any synodical organization, though Pastor Brandes was a member of the Wartburg Synod and joined the California Synod of the General Synod in 1896. The congregation disbanded on 29 January 1897.
Scope and Content Note
The collection consists of a ledger containing the minutes of the congregation in handwritten German. The minutes are found on pages 8 through 54 of the ledger and cover the entire period of the congregation’s existence. There is also a membership list on page 1. The remainder of the 180 pages in the ledger are blank.
The ledger was donated to Concordia Historical Institute by Dr. Richard T. DuBrau in June 1969. He had received if from the son of Mr. Christ. Henry Schmidt, the last secretary of the congregation.