- Collection Number: M-0008
- Collection Size: 0.4 linear feet
The collection is open for research under the normal access policies of the Institute.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana was incorporated in 1966 as an outgrowth of mission activities of the Lutheran Synodical Conference in West Africa. The work was later assumed by the Board for Missions of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. In 1957 some missionaries serving with the Lutheran Synodical Conference Mission in Nigeria went to Ghana at the request of a Ghanaian church leader. The first missionary was assigned in 1958.
SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE
The materials in this collection were reorganized into logical series in March 1994. Additions to the collection will be incorporated into these series.
- f.1 General Information; Church Growth Survey, 1978; “Rules, Regulations and Procedures for Workers”
- f.2 Articles of Incorporation, Constitution, Bylaws (various drafts and editions, 1966-1980)
- f.3 Board of Directors Minutes, 1966-1978
- f.4 Board of Directors Minutes, 1979-1980
- f.5 Broadcasting and Audiovisual Committee, 1969
- f.6 Budget, 1972
- f.7 Bunkpurugu Agric Station, 1977-1978
- f.8 Christian Council Report, 1969
- f.9 Committee on Ministry
- f.10 Congregational Chairman Meetings, 1978
- f.11 Correspondence – Paul Kofi Fynn – 1980-1981
- f.12 Delegates Conference, 1964-1969
- f.13 Delegates Conference, 1970-1980
- f.14 Elders’ Meetings, 1981
- f.15 Expatriate Staff Meeting, 1967
- f.16 Lay Training and Evangelism Committee
- f.17 Management Committee, 1981
- f.18 Missionary Council, 1967-1968
- f.19 Pastoral Conference Minutes, 1967-1968
- f.20 Planning Committee, 1968-1970
- f.21 Statistics, 1967
- f.22 Worship Materials
Materials in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana Collection were received at various times from missionaries who had served in Ghana, from the offices of the church in Ghana, and from the office of the LCMS Board for Missions. Specific receipts were as follows: Board for Missions/Mission Services (August & September 1972, October 1982, October 1983); A. H. Brammeier (April 1967); Allen E. Konrad (July 1968, April 1973); H. H. Koppelmann, Board for Missions (October 1974); William F. Reinking, Board for Missions (June & October 1969, June 1970, March 1972); Vernon Schindler (January 1982, July 1985).